I bought this wood-alike letter board when I was shopping in Spotlight not knowing what I should do with it (aka impulse purchase lol) and it has been sitting in my storeroom for months already.
When I received my beautiful wool felt two weeks ago the idea came to my mind – why don’t I decorate the letter board with some felt flowers and make it a decorative item in Nana’s room? And thanks for all the genius crafters who generously shares their felt flower tutorial online I finally managed to assemble this name sign. I chose some earth tone pastel colour for the flowers and I love the soft feeling that it turns out.
So, here’s the source and reference of all components of this wooden name initial.
- Wooden (alike) Letter Board (From Spotlight)
- Different colours of Wool Felt (I got my wool felt from Sweet Mama Jean)
- Felt Flowers
- Carnation (Tutorial from Lia Griffith, I made a small twist to the core of the smaller carnation to create a bit of variation)
- Rose Bud (Tutorial from Lia Griffith, I skipped the flower wire and trim the base so it can stay flat on the board)
- Rolled Felt Flower (Tutorial from MarrylCraft)
- Leaves and Dusty Miller (I was a bit random when cutting these, but both Lia Griffith and Something Turquoise has tutorial on this)
- Pen and Paper (For sketching of pattern)
- Glue Gun
Nana is turning 23 months today and this name sign becomes a perfect gift to mark this day. It gonna be her last month being one year old and I can’t believe how fast time flies. Happy 23rd Month, Nana. Papa and Mama love you and every single moment with you….